they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Monday, April 5, 2010

Here We Go Again;


“Dear old friend,
It’s been some time since we last spoke, or we last saw of each other. We spent many months together, closer than I’ve ever been to anyone else, then we parted. The day I made my decision to leave you behind was a tough one. I threw out everything that reminded me of you, every photo, ever letter, I even chose to forget the memories associated with you. Now that you’ve returned, it’s not the most thrilling feeling in the world. I’m not sure that seeing you is a good idea, and I wish that you would make things simple and easy by leaving me alone. The years I spent without you were the happiest I’ve had to date, and I don’t want you ruining that for me. I’ve got a stable home life, my career is finally taking off, my boyfriend and I love each other very much, and I’ve finally dealt with the horrific pain and trauma you caused me all those years ago. I’m not angry that you’re here, I’m just disappointed that I couldn’t have avoided you. You’ve sprung up on me like a bad rash and this isn’t good. At least this time things are different and I’m the one in control. I won’t let you have your way with me like you did last time. I’m stronger now and I don’t need you to survive.
Thanks for nothing,
Bianca.”
Dear depression,
It’s been four years since I got over you, I wanted to keep that going for the rest of my life. I guess you had other plans. Nevertheless, you’re here, and I’ve got to work out a way to rid you from my world as soon as I can. I wish you were a real person, then I’d write you a letter saying everything I just wrote and you would go away in an instant. Instead, I’m stuck with anti-depressants.

No comments:

Post a Comment