they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Monday, April 12, 2010

Living On A Diet Of Chocolates & Cigarettes;





In the eye of the storm, where everything is nothing, and nothing's all you've got. You can't see your way out, can't find your feet. Here goes nothing, take that leap of faith, into the darkness. Find yourself amongst the never ending chaos. Hold on tight, don't lose yourself - This time you'll be stronger. You won't be blown over easily again. Take a deep breath in, close your eyes and when you open them, see the world in a whole new perspective. Find the beauty in the dismal, find the heart in the despair, find your home in the land of the unknown.

I'm still finding my footing. I'm still working out how to open my eyes to a whole new world. I'm still working on a lot. A leap into the darkness, that's what I need the most. Pack up, disappear, and find out what's on the other side of life. I'm too afraid. Not of change, of failure. What if it doesn't work ? What if it turns out miserably ? What will I do then ? Saying, "At least I tried," isn't good enough. I need to know what I do gets results. I'm not putting in effort for a life that won't produce happiness.

But isn't that the point of human existence ? 
"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." ~ Aristotle.
What else is left in life when all happiness is defeated ? If you don't have happiness, you haven't got much. And to survive on little to no happiness brings such sadness to one's life. We live, not just to make others happy, but ourselves. Finding the balance is trial and error, some never make it out alive. I've heard many say, "Don't take life so seriously, no one makes it out alive." I don't think that's right. You've got to take life seriously, if you don't then you'll never get anywhere. You'll stay where you are, you won't become someone great and you won't make an impact on someone else's life.

That's why I wake up every morning and breathe each breath. Not for myself, but for everyone else. You can't walk through life blind folded by your own selfishness. Live your life for yourself, but don't forget that a life without friends and family is a life of solitude. No one remembers the selfish bastards. People remember the givers, the sharers, the ones who bestow their happiness upon others as well as themselves.

Live a life of love, of happiness, of honesty, of soul and of courage.
Know that at the end, you lived your life. Full of everything that dreams are made of. 
Know that at the end, your life was lived through right until your departure.
Know that at the end, your life is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment