they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Monday, May 10, 2010

Wishful;


I wish for whatever my heart desires...

Same wish, every time. There's nothing else I can wish for. What I want most in life, I already have. Except one thing, but there's no point in wishing on that. No matter how hard I wish, it won't come true. It's impossible. You can't bring back the dead.

My heart knows what I want most, even if I don't. My head is rational and logical; it blocks me from my happiness. My heart knows what I can handle and what's too much for me. It knows breaking point and what's worth the ache. My head, on the other hand, is afraid of hurt. It doesn't want to mess things up, doesn't want stress and beats down on my confidence every chance it gets. My head constantly reminds me why I shouldn't take chances. If it wasn't for my damn head getting in the way, I'd still have the one thing I wish for.

Truly, the only two things I really want in life are simple, yet so difficult to maintain - Happiness and Love. I've had both, at the same time, and was content with everything in my life. Then I fell out of love but remained happy. Then I lost my happiness. It's only those moments in life where I think about escaping for a while. Then I sit back and remember why I stay. I have everything I need right here - All the Love and Happiness I could want.

My family. My boyfriend. My best friends. My kitten.
I don't need anything more than them to get me through. Sure, my head's told me a few times to cut them out for various reasons, but my heart told me to keep them. So I did. I'm glad I did. Goodness knows I can't survive without their support. Even though I yell, disappoint and hurt them sometimes, they still love me, they still make me happy. They bring me the things I want most in life. I don't have to wish for anything more than that. Except, maybe, wishing that I can keep them forever...

1 comment:

  1. it's ok.

    i only ever wish for one thing too.

    ReplyDelete