they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 5 - Your dreams + Day 6 - A Stranger

Dreams.

I dream about crazy things. Crazy enough to make me want to become an insomniac. Crazy enough to confuse reality with dream. Crazy enough to be afraid of my own mind. Point being, I don't like my dreams. I'd talk about the dreams I have for my future and what I want my life to become, but that's boring. "Dreams, hopes and goals" thing doesn't sit well with me. I don't like committing to long term things. Especially if it's in the distant future. I spend a lot of my time day dreaming too. Seriously. Most of the time I day dream about "what if" situations. I always question my past. I think I spend too much time dreaming and not enough time actually living. Probably explains why my life hasn't really become anything spectacular. Yet.


A Stranger.

So I used to work at Hungry Jack's/Burger King. During my 9 months there, a deaf gentleman used to come in. He would come in and give me a piece of paper with his order on it. He was rather old, and I think he may have had a mental disability too, but he was the most genuine person I had ever met. So much so that I still remember him as clear as yesterday. I thought he was absolutely adorable and I wanted to talk to him so many times. I don't know how I would have, seeing as he's deaf and I don't speak sign language. I remember one time he came in with a group of deaf friends. I spent my whole 8 hour shift watching them have their conversations and interact with each other. I couldn't believe in a world full of silence that such happiness and friendship could be found. They had this undeniable understanding of each other without realising it. It was utterly amazing to see people communicate with just actions. From that day forward, I placed all my belief in the old saying, "Actions speak louder than words." Just quietly, I miss seeing him from time to time. He made me happy.

P.S: I had a full weekend so no time to an individual post each day. I think I may continue to do weekends as a combined post from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment