they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 9 - Someone you wish you could meet.







Angus & Julia Stone.

I found their music by accident. I was randomly surfing the radio, as I usually do, and I heard The Beast playing. It was the first time I had ever heard their lovely voices and hypnotic music. I immediately went to Sanity music the next free moment I had. Right there was their album - A Book Like This. I didn't care if I had money to get home or not, I had the album and that's all that mattered. I went home, put it on and listened to the whole thing until I got all the lyrics right without looking. Ever since that night, they've been a big influence on my life. It was the night I fell in love with them. I now have ever song released, ever. Even ones recorded at live shows. I know all the lyrics, and can tell which song is about to play with roughly 10 seconds of intro. I listen to them every single day. It's a constant addiction. I missed one of their earlier gigs, but I've managed to make it to every other in Adelaide. Quite possibly the best nights of my life. There's another show in September, and I'll be buying my ticket tomorrow. I always get so excited before their shows. Last time, I cried and sang along to every song. I took so many photos and videos. I haven't put them online because I want them to be mine forever.
They amaze me in every single way. I'd give anything to meet them.

No comments:

Post a Comment