they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Monday, June 7, 2010

Fah-Fah-Fahreezing !

I wish winter in Australia was more like this. Waking up to the world in a blanket of snow would make me happy. I don't like being rained on, nor do I like wind blowing my hair all over the place. Winter here is awful. But the snow is beautiful. It's crystal clear. It's bright. It's simple. A winter wonderland is what I need. I love summer, I really do, but the idea that I could make a snow man and snow angels, build a snow fort and have a snow ball fight are fantasies I wish were reality. I can dig hot chocolates with marshmallows and cuddles by the fire place. I can dig big coats, beanies, scarves and mittens. I can dig sitting in my room watching the snow fall. I can dig the tress missing leaves and having crystal ones instead. I can dig hearing the snow crush under my feet. I can dig winter, if it were more like this.

1 comment: