they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 16 - Someone that's not in your state/country.

Extended family.

My uncle, my aunt and five cousins (Shaun - almost 21, Jamie - 18, Logan- 15ish, Francesca - 5, and Olivia - 4) live in Melbourne. They used to live in Adelaide a few years ago, but a career decision led my uncle to move his family there. They're happy in Melbourne, and I'm happy for them. I still miss them though. I used to live with them for a few months, and those months were pretty damn good. Christmas last year was so good. I flew over to Melbourne to spend a few days there. I love quality family time. I don't get to see my baby cousins grow up anymore, so time spent in Melbourne is time well spent. And recently, things have become even more exciting. Let me introduce you to my cousin Jamie's daughter.
Annabell Rose.
For a long time in my family, before my uncle got married, it was just my brother and I. We had no other cousins or second cousins or anything of the sort. Then my uncle got married, had kids and now there's Annabell. My cousin my only be 18, but she's going to be the best mum in the world. If you saw her with her baby sisters, you'd understand. I'm super duper excited to visit and meet little Annabell.
I miss my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment