they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 26 - The last person you made a pinky promise with;

I think the last pinky promise I made was either to Nyssa or Michael. I promised Michael that from now on I would answer his questions with Yes or No. I usually would say, "Whatever you want. I don't mind," which led to neither of us making a decision and being stuck in limbo. And I promised Nyssa that I wouldn't share things she tells me. I'm not saying anything more than that ;)


I love pinky promises. There's something about them that separates them from other ordinary promises. I still think, on the whole, that promises are highly important. Don't make a promise if you can't keep it. For me, it's the motion of linking fingers with another person. It seals the deal. I think it has something to do with being a kid also. You knew that making a promise was a big deal when they turned around and said, "Pinky promise ?" It was like all of a sudden your word wasn't good enough and you had to make a physical bond with another person to prove yourself. It's definitely the motion of physical contact that bumps it up to highly important. It's like just verbally saying goodbye to your best friend compared to physically saying goodbye with a hug. That physical contact shows commitment and strength behind those words.

No comments:

Post a Comment