they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 28 - The person who changed your life;

Everyone.

I can't just list one single person who's impacted my life enough to alter it. There are so many people who influence me, and ultimately my life, that they all deserve credit.

Mother - Without you, I would not exist.

Larry (Brother) - You taught me how to share, or rather gave me no other choice, aha.

Ryan - My brother from another mother. You're the reason I don't believe, "Blood's thicker than water." You're the family I chose for myself.

Celeste - My sister from another mister ? Uhm, sure, whatever, haha. You're still my sister, my best friend and my other half. I never knew that becoming your best friend would also mean I'd gain a sister. Without you, I'm not myself.

Michael - You are the only person on this planet that I'm not afraid to make eye contact with. That's a huge thing for me. With you, I'm not afraid of what the future holds. You've also shown me that people can grow and become better. A leopard can change its spots.

Bradley - I've never been more comfortable in my skin thanks to you. It's because of you that I feel comfortable enough to be myself around everyone.

Rachel - Sharing childhood stories with you has given me a sense of closure, knowing I'm not the only one who's had it rough.

John - Your sense of humour and the countless times you became my shoulder to cry upon has shown me that you're never truly alone in the world.

Kellie - Your positive and giving nature taught me how to give more of myself without thinking about what I'd get in return. You're an amazing person.

Hanski - I don't know how or when we became such great friends, either way it works. You've taught me how to be patient with people who are intolerable. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Hana - We were once so close, like sisters, and then I made a fatal mistake and ruined it for a good year. I am forever thankful that we cleared the air and have resumed our friendship. I know you'll never trust me 100% like you used too, but I'm okay with that. You taught me that forgiveness is something special and something one earns and is not just given.

Tristan - Our relationship was messed up. In the end, everything fell to pieces. I'm sorry that I hurt you. From our relationship I took a very important lesson; Sometimes things are worth fighting for, sometimes they're not. Having the strength to say goodbye took a lot from me.

My grandparents - For forever protecting me and sheltering me from harm. Sometimes you get on my nerves, but you're only looking out for my best interests.

My uncle, aunt + cousins - You've taught me that even though personalities clash, a happy medium can be obtained.

The girls from school - Even though I hardly ever went to school, on the days I came, I came for you girls. I would have dropped out otherwise.

My teachers - You never gave up on me even when I had given up on myself. Your optimism showed me that there's a light at the end of every tunnel, despite my ignorance.

Ichigo (kitten) - You put up with my relentless mocking-name calling-tugging on ears-dressing you in stupid clothes-countless times I've used you as a mouse pad-behaviour. You've got an impressive amount of patience and love for me.

Father - At the tender age of 10, I learnt how to stand up for myself and demand better from people. The day I cut you out for good was the most freeing moment of my life.

You - I might not know who you are, what you look like or what your name is, but you're reading this. That's going to impact me enough to keep writing. You might not like what I have to say, but if you've reached this point, then obviously something kept you here long enough. Thank you.

I'm sure there are countless other people who have helped me along my way, and I'm so sorry if you feel like you should be here and I've forgotten you. I have so much to be thankful for that sometimes I forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment