they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Friday, August 20, 2010

ROARRR;

"Your battle cry does more than announce your presence," he said.  "It prepares you for combat by shattering the shackles of good manners and gentility. It is not a sound a gentleman or lady would choose to make. It is an animal sound - the roar of a killer stalking the jungle. As Master Liu used to say, a good battle cry 'unchains the tiger within.'"
~ Mr. Bennet [Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith.]


I hope there's a tiger inside of me. Hungry. Hungry for everything life has on offer. I want it all. I want my tiger to feed upon all the positive in the world and tear apart the negative. I want it to boldly roar in the face of fear and purr in the presence of happiness. I want it to pounce on every great opportunity to pass me. I want it to fight for what I believe in most. I want my tiger to be King of the pride. [And yes, I'm well aware that the picture is of a lion, not a tiger, but it was too cute to say no to.]


On a side note: I finally finished that 30 Day Challenge. Took some time due to the fact that I didn't want to rush my answers. Some questions were easier than others, I'll admit, but it was good to have some sort of concept to write about every day - instead of pointless going-a-bouts in my day.

Also, my hands smell like Palmer's Cocoa Butter body cream. How delightful (:

No comments:

Post a Comment