they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Simple Man;

If you were a simple man,
We'd still walk hand in hand
And if you suddenly went blind,
I would still look in your eyes
When you grow old,
And all your stories have been told
My heart will still race for you,
It won't march to a new beat
If you were a simple man

If you were a simple man,
You'd own no home, you'd own no land
And I would still stand by your side,
And our flame will still burn so bright


Sometimes I wonder why,
I'm so full of these endless rhymes
About the way I feel inside
I wish I could just get it right

If you were a simple man
And I could make you understand
There'd be no reason to think twice
You'd be my sun; you'd be my light
If you were a simple man...
If you were a simple man...

Sometimes I wonder why
I'm so full of these endless rhymes
About the way I feel inside


[Original song - Sometimes I wish by City & Colour.]

1 comment:

  1. We seem to be into some of the same things. I just started my own blog, and I would really appreciate some suggestions or comments! I thank you in advance if you decide to check out my blog and give me some feedback.
    http://lady-gabby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete