they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Emotions & Chemical Reactions;

I'm sick of hearing people say that love isn't real, that it's a chemical reaction in our brain. "It's just a word and it's lost all meaning." I think you're totally wrong about love. Sure, if you've been burned before, your concept of love becomes a little askew, but that doesn't mean it isn't real. How bitter and shallow.

Yes, you're right in saying it's a chemical reaction, but so is every other goshdamn emotion you feel. "It's all in your brain." Love, happiness, anger, jealousy, surprise... You can't possibly tell me that none of those emotions are real because they're "just chemical reactions." I refuse to accept that. Don't you feel anything real ?

If you want to get fussy about it; war and peace would mean nothing. Just words. Meaningless words. What kind of a world do meaningless words create ? The one we're living in. I hate to think meaningless words have such an impact on our world. I'd like to think that words do have meaning, because we feel them deep down inside of us.

It's not just about chemical reactions in our brains. It's about being human. We're allowed to feel pain, happiness, illness, and love. We're created to do so, and I don't think it's human nature to pretend feelings don't exist.


'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
~ Lord Alfred Tennyson

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you for the most part. I don't think it's just something you can pass of as a 'scientific reaction', but I don't think that love is permanent. But maybe that's just me :P

    http://www.seren-dip-a-tea.blogspot.com/ Please follow me :D

    ReplyDelete