they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Friday, October 15, 2010

Forever;

Always. Endlessly.
Enduringly. For good.
For life. Forevermore.
Immortally. Infinitely.
Lasting. Permanently. 
Till death do us part.
Till the end of time.
A world without end.


Forever is probably the most frightening word in the English language. It has an extremely heavy meaning, one I'm not sure I'm ready to bare. I said it once, and the results were catastrophic. I refuse to say it anymore. It scares me, you know. I don't want to make that sort of promise to someone and break it. And yet, it's something I desire most. I'm so terrified that if I say it, it'll ruin things and not work out. Then what ? I'm left feeling like I've made a huge mistake in confessing how I might have felt. Again.
No. I'm sorry, but no. I won't say it. I just won't. Not until I find someone who believes I'm worthy enough to hear it first. However selfish that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment