they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day twenty – The meaning behind your blog name;

I used to sing this song as a kid all the time. I annoyed all my friends with it, my family, and it was constantly stuck in my head. You know the one -

A sailor went to sea, sea, sea,
To see what he could see, see, see,
But all that he could see, see, see,
Was the bottom of the deep blue sea, sea, sea.

A sailor went to chop, chop, chop,
To see what he could chop, chop, chop,
But all that he could chop, chop, chop,
Was the bottom of the deep blue chop, chop, chop.

And so on, and so on. One of my favourite nursery rhymes of all time. It's plausible to say that I've been obsessed with sailors/pirates/the sea since forever, really.
It still gets stuck in my head from time to time, ha !

No comments:

Post a Comment