they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Dreams are only dreams, right ?;

Until you start looking up their meanings and begin wondering if it's real.

Last night I had a dream, about something I'm not entirely comfortable with, and that's why I wanted to look it up. I dreamt that I participated in some wedding competition, where I was the envy of all the girls because my wedding ensemble was better than everyone's, and at the end I won this competition.

So I looked up each little thing meaning to my dream:
White Clothes. 
To dream that all your clothes in the closet are white, suggests that you need to lighten up. You may have recently been feeling a little on the depressed side. Perhaps you were going through some crisis. It is time to move on. You need to change your attitude and get a grip of your inner emotions.

Competition.
To dream that you win a competition, suggests that you possess the necessary skills to accomplish a goal or solve a problem in your waking life.

Marriage.
To dream of a marriage, signifies commitment, harmony or transitions. You are undergoing an important developmental phase in your life. The dream may also represent the unification of formerly separate or opposite aspects of yourself. In particular, it is the union of masculine or feminine aspects of yourself. Consider the qualities and characteristics of the person that you are marrying. These are the qualities that you need to look at incorporating within yourself.

Envy.
To dream that you are being envied by others, indicates that you think highly of yourself. You demand respect and get it. You may also be feeling as if you are on top.

I'm so glad that the literal meaning of this dream isn't what it actually means. The last thing I want to do is dream about marrying someone and then have it come true. Not at this point in my life anyway. I guess my dream told me what I've known about myself for some time.

I need to stop moping around and get off my butt. I now have the opportunity to do what I've always wanted to do - nursing. I can actually take the very first step towards my career. Right. Now. And I know I can do it, I know I have the skills and determination to complete what I need to do so I can go where I want.

Right ! Tuesday come, I'm going to do everything I need to start my nursing course, and I'm going to complete it, and I'm going to come out on top, and I'm going to become the very best I can be. First thing's first - I need to stop being so afraid of failure and just do it.*


*Even writing about what I'm going to do scares me enough not to want it anymore. Waaaah. I need to grow up. Jeepers !

No comments:

Post a Comment