they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Home, sweet home;

$653 later and I have my Ichigo back home with me :D He's still not using his paw properly, but at least he can feel pain in it. Best news I received. You can see in the above picture how his mouth is. Still a bit swollen but it'll go down in time. He went in for major surgery and they threaded a wire under the skin from the bottom of his jaw, around and over his teeth, and then back down again through the skin. You can't see it here, but he has a little excess wire hanging out the bottom. As for his paw, he can withdraw it when he feels pain, but mobility-wise, he's still crippled. He can walk around and such, but it's best if he stays in the one spot. Other than that, he's his usual cuddly self. The vet said he's incredibly affectionate and always came up for cuddles when he could. Yay for a happy kitty. Fingers crossed that his paw improves in the next 6 - 8 weeks while his jaw heals over.

I had to use some of the money I saved up for Fiji on him, and I would happily sacrificed my holiday again if it meant he'd be okay. Good thing I have a job going for the whole time he's recovering, so I can sort of replace what I spent. Michael and I aren't planning on going to Fiji until September 2011 so I've got plenty of time to save up (:

No comments:

Post a Comment