they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Monday, January 17, 2011

From her lips I heard her say, "Can I have you ?" Caught up on what to say, I said you do;

Mango Tree- Angus & Julia Stone.

If I had to pick one song as the soundtrack to my life, it would be this. I would chop off my left arm to meet them. They're my favourite artist of all time and this song is by far my favourite. I don't know what it is about it that I love so much.

I suppose it's because it describes the old cliché way of love. That cute photo you take, under the shade of a tree, with the sunshine behind you, and your love next to you. The way you ask a person to be with you, not just assume that that's where everything is heading. Seeing something as rare and magical as a shooting star to reaffirm what you feel is real. Carving a love heart into the bark of a tree with your initials inside, forever a reminder of who you are together. The innocence of it all, the freedom, the happiness, the unaltered connection you have with someone. The way you willing allow someone to not only share their life with you, but for you to share yours. How you learn to love and grow together. How someone can bring out the best in you, and make you feel invincible. That moment you realise you're a better person because of them.

That's what this song makes me believe in - Love.

2 comments:

  1. i love this song and this post - i. completely. agree. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you (:
    They have a show in my city in March, so hopefully I can get a ticket.
    x

    ReplyDelete