they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Sunday, January 2, 2011

"A New Year, A Fresh Start";


I don't know why people wait until New Year's before they decide to do anything about improving their lives. I mean, why wait ? Why not just act when the problem first arises ? I couldn't imagine finding an issue with my life at the beginning of the year and then having to wait a whole year before I did something about it. People are afraid of change and finding the courage to do what they want. Why waste a whole year waiting and being miserable for one special day to come and change things ? People are lazy and content with being miserable so they can rake in all the sympathy they can get. Then they expect to be congratulated and rewarded emotionally when they actually get off their butts and do something about it. Change isn't about receiving rewards from others, it's about rewarding yourself with a happier life.

Though, in the spirit of 2011 beginning, I'll list my New Year's Resolutions. Here goes.
  1. Legally change my name to Bianca Rose Addams [this is a reoccurring resolution because, as mentioned above, I'm one of those lazy people].
  2. Stretch my ears to 14mm. Currently at 8mm & 10mm. Almost there.
  3. FINALLY move out of home. This is where a lot of my pay will be going. 
  4. Holiday in Fiji. With or without someone, I am going. I have 9 months to save, I can do this.
  5. More tattoos. Lots more. Most of my savings will be divided between this and #4.
  6. Take my photography a little bit more seriously and start writing a novel - subject of said novel is in the works.
There. I think that's everything I want to accomplish in a year. Not too much to ask for, and I have plenty of time. 365 days is more than I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment