they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Play Date Love;

Although Michael and I have been together for nearly two years, we still go on dates. This weekend was one of those times, and we had the best time. We started Saturday with lunch in China Town, we boosted off to Ikea [where I unfortunately spent too much money], then we relaxed for a bit before we headed off to the movies for Due Date. Sunday entailed of a lengthy sleep in, a quick dart into Marion [because the batteries we bought were the wrong size], sipped on some Boost Juice, purchased Need For Speed's newest release, we walked up and down Harbour Town unable to find what we were looking for, then finished the day trip off with a leisurely walk through Rundle Street Markets and Rundle Mall [where I also spent more money than I should have].

Here's what this weekend has consumed: There's my SNES, which I brought home with me today, and Super Mario Bros.; the new alarm clock I bought from Ikea [got one for Michael too]; caramel popcorn from a stall in Rundle Street Markets [I eat popcorn like there's no tomorrow]; A Clockwork Orange, which I finished yesterday; The Happy Prince and Other Stores, Lady Chatterley's Lover, and The Perks of Being a Wallflower, all of which I purchased at Dymocks after I said I'd only buy one book; new Ikea lamp and light globes which you can't see very well; Wreck This Journal book, which I also got from Dymocks [/sigh]; and knee high grey socks from Dotti. Oh, and the Ikea pillow which most of this is laying on top of.
Hello. My name's Bianca, and I'm a shopaholic [thanks to Michael's pleasant idea of a little retail therapy].

All in all, it was a great weekend. I took my camera with me but only took one photo. I was too busy having fun with Michael to care about anything else.
While in Ikea, looking at the pretend houses, we found this.
It's a moose propped over a toilet bowl.
We giggled for so long.
Today, I start reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I remember the shocking feeling I got when I asked a girl at the book store if they had it in stock, only to hear, "I've never heard of that book before." How one works there without knowing one the most popular books of all time is beyond my knowledge. Also, to the countless Angus & Robertson Books stores SA wide, and to every other little book store I ventured into over the past couple of days, I'd like to say one thing - FUUUUU ! I had to go to Rundle Mall to find one book ! ONE ! Because you were all out of stock/didn't even stock it ! How tiresome.

No comments:

Post a Comment