they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Friday, March 4, 2011

Afraid;

Do you know what I'm afraid of ?

I'm afraid that I'll believe I'm happy because nothing changes. Because I'm stuck in routine. Because I'm always doing the same thing. Over and over. Again and again. I'm terribly afraid that the sole reason for my happiness is the routine. Knowing that nothing will differ, no variations, no spontaneous moments in life. Nothing. It'll happen because it always happens. Because nothing changes.

As much as I'll announce my hate for change, I secretly love it. It's how we experience life. It's how we feel connected to one another. It's how we grow and become greater than before. It is through change, adaptation and surpassing challenges do we go from ordinary people to super heroes in our own world. Change takes a weak person and makes them strong.

And really, I want more things to happen in my life than just this. This point in my life makes me happy, but I want to experience all kinds of happiness. I can't do that sitting here, doing what I've always done.

Jump. Take the fucking risk. Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment