they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I used to know you so well;

You used to tell me that you were the best damn thing that ever happened in my life. That everything I ever was, was made into brilliance because you willed it so. And for some time, a really long time actually, I believed you. I thought I couldn't be who I am without you apart of it. I honestly thought I'd lose the will to do anything if I lost you. I gave you all my faith and wished things between us would always remain the same.

Fuck, I was so wrong.

Letting go of the past was the best damn thing that ever happened in my life. I am the best person I can be because I dropped you into the black abyss of my past. You were nothing more than a mere chapter of my life. You are not the story to my life, nor the reason why my story is so great. You are nothing. At least, not any more. Each time I failed with you is an example of the weak person I used to be. It won't happen again.

I broke every promise that I made with you. This time things will be different. I promise you that.


They say, home is where the heart is. My heart isn't with you. It's wherever my life wanders to.

No comments:

Post a Comment