they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

You say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one;

You were in my dream last night. We haven't seen each other or spoken in two years, and it's been a great two years. I have something I'd like you to hear, even though you won't read this. I won't remember if per chance I was to bump into you, so I'll say this here. 

I was never really in love with you. I was in love with the idea of who you were. All your interests were made up so we had something to talk about. That's how pathetic our time together was. We filled a void that no other could, and we lied our pants off. Quite literally, actually. The part of you that attracted me to you was false. I could have never been in love with a part of you that didn't exist. The only lie I ever told you was that I loved you. For that, I'm not sorry. You were as deceitful to me as I was to you. That's all there is to it. That's all there ever was to it.


Dreams about people you haven't seen in two years really makes you take notice of how much has changed. And it's such a shame you never did change. You could have been quite the amazing person.

No comments:

Post a Comment