they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Thursday, May 26, 2011

E.T phone home;

I think I know why people are so afraid of being happy.
Why they're afraid to admit they love people.
Why they're afraid to let people into their lives.

Because they stand to lose something.

When you think about it, the thought of having someone take away what means most to you is a horrific thing. If I spend enough time thinking about it, I cry. I know this because I used to do it to myself all the time. Always hate on myself and think that I wasn't good enough for them. But it's all bullshit. Having a weak point like that is what makes us feel alive. Life is meaningless if we don't have someone to share it with.

We're afraid to say we've found a place we can call home.
We're afraid to say we've found people who make each day worth it.
We're afraid to say we've found what makes us happy.
And that we're afraid of losing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment