they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Over my shoulder;

This isn't how it's supposed to be. This just isn't. You were supposed to leave and that would be it. I wouldn't have to worry about you, or anything of the sort. I could stop looking over my shoulder, wondering if you're hiding there in the shadows. When you left, you were supposed to stay away for good. You were meant to take all those memories with you. You're not meant to come back. This isn't the place for you any more. It never was. This is how my life is meant to be. If it's better off without you, then so be it.

I won't let you ruin everything. This time I'm going to stand up to you. This time we're going to fight it out. I've kept my mouth shut for too long, and I refuse to any longer. You can say what you want, you can do what you want, but you won't get away with it. Not this time. I'm not afraid of you. I'm not. I never said anything before because I was asked not to. This time things change. Things are different. I'm different. I should have never let it get to this point. If you think for one second you can act like you did before and everything would be okay, then your sorely mistaken.

You can't just come back and pretend like nothing happened. Like you didn't fuck it all up. You just can't.

You can't take this from me.

I won't let you.

No comments:

Post a Comment