they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Things that made me happy today;

  1. I woke up next to Michael, even though the first thing I said to him was, "Make sure it's okay with your dad that I'm leaving at 7:30 and not 7:00 please."
  2. I wasn't late for my first client this morning, despite being so worried and unable to sleep.
  3. I got an extra, easy breasy, shift at work. Extra cha-ching in the pocket is well appreciated right now.
  4. Extra shifts for tomorrow.
  5. The guy who served me at Maccas today was named Ronald. If you can't see the hilarity in that, go neck yourself right now. Right. Now.
  6. I found out that the place I had a job interview for [as a second job] called my old manager and had a 15minute long, in depth, conversation about me. Good thing my old manager loves me and gave me the best reference she could.
  7. There's a really nice bag I found in Strandbags for $60. I might buy it because I need a bigger bag with more pockets. 
  8. Michael called me to tell me about his day, and vice versa, while I was in Gloria Jean's.
  9. Knowing that Gloria Jean's don't make good chai lattes and not to go there ever again.
  10. Spending an hour of my day talking to my old manager because she was bored at work and I didn't want to go home
Things that didn't make me happy today;
  1. I had to pay $1.51 per litre for petrol today.
  2. I was exhausted by the end of the day after all the running around I did.
  3. When it started to rain, every person on the road drove really slowly for no real reason.
  4. I didn't get to clean out my fish tank.
  5. My internet has been capped and therefore I'm stuck at dial up speed until the 19th.
  6. My kitty was soaked wet and cold when I got home.
  7. Shipping from Amazon.com is a lot more expensive than I first thought.
  8. Being disappointed in myself for not going to Cafe de Paris for my chai latte instead.
  9. Knowing I can't see Michael tonight because I have work tomorrow morning.
  10. Knowing that I also have to get up extra early because I forgot to get a form from work today, and therefore need to get it tomorrow morning before my first client.

THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY DAY ?
Seeing this on my Facebook home page.
2 years on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment