they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Monday, June 20, 2011

Better late than never;

I was always a little annoyed with the fact that you have a place where I feel I belong, but I had a fresh thought today. I don't have to care about you, or the connections people have with you. I don't need to care at all, and I don't know why I did in the first place.

Sure, you've moulded yourself quite nicely into the picture, but the picture's changing, and there's no room left for you. There's only enough room to fit me there now. Riiiiiiiight where you used to be. And I know you think you've still got that spot all to yourself, but you'd be lying if that were so. You up and left after all, and you can't manage it from where you are.

I'm right where I need to be to fill that spot and make it mine. It's well overdue and I deserve it. You're going to miss out on all the moments I'm here for. When they need someone to lean on, I'll be there and you'll be too busy with your own life to spare the time. But you know, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I guess that's how the cookie crumbles, don't you agree ?

And you're right - you have your own life to lead now. You can't spend all your time trying to rebuild the bridges you so suddenly burnt down. Distance may only be physical, but you certainly cannot enjoy the situations currently happening, or future ones to still happen, if you're not here. They're all you-had-to-be-there moments, and you're not here. I am.

You're not the kind of "best friends" to survive distance and months without speaking.

Au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment