they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Thursday, June 23, 2011

/blows out imgainary candles;

It's my 23rd birthday today !

I'm going to quickly breeze over the events of last night because, let's be honest here, I don't really remember all of it. In fact, I don't remember the first time I vomited clearly enough to know whether it was actually the first time, or the second time, or the 7th time. I vomited a lot last night. And for my friends who might read this - I was spaghetti in my vomit, not chicken noodle soup !

My friends and I went to the Holdy for drinks, then moved to the Broady. I had a lot to drink. I went through two different kinds of cider [the Holdy and Broady have different ciders on tap], some crazy delicious shot that Justine bought me, a glass or two of champagne which I don't remember ordering, probably more drinks in between that I don't remember, and then a vicious drink that Araceli made up on the spot. Soda water, Cointreau and some other disgusting spirit. At first you taste nothingness because the flavours disguise themselves, but as soon as you swallow this bitter-acidic flavour lingers in your mouth. Almost like the acid you can taste after throwing up.

Funnily enough, I spent the latter part of the night actually throwing up several times with the aid of my amazing boyfriend and incredible friends. They held back my hair, held me up, and brought me water. Thank fuck I had Michael there or I would have landed face first into my own vomit had he not held on to me. We had to stop twice more on the car ride home because I couldn't hold it down. It also took Michael an hour to walk me up the small set of stairs at my house so I could crawl into bed, pass out, and force him into changing my clothes for me. You're probably wondering why it took an hour to walk up stairs that I climb on a daily basis. I spent most of it crying, laughing, throwing up some more, and then telling Michael that I needed to fart. The idea of all of that happening makes me giggle like a school girl.
In the two years Michael and I have been together, I think I've farted maybe two or three times in front of him... So when I think about talking to him about how desperate I was to fart, it brings on the giggles. It's not something I do in front of people. I don't mind if people do it in front of me, I just don't do it when people are around. I'd rather hold it for when I'm home alone.

Here are photos from my night. I'm done explain what happened. You can see it for yourself.
Angela and England

Hannah, Rachel, and Izzy - 3 of my favourite girls.

Probably the best photo of the night.

Jesse and myself.

Michael and someone's thumbs.

Izzy, Rachel and myself.

Ryan and myself.

Araceli and I dancing.

I love Araceli's photo bomb, but I love Ryan more.

Bradley and I. This is our birthday tradition.
Also, the white patch near my butt is actually Brad's finger bandage.

Bradley and myself, with that strange flute of champagne.

Larry and myself. For siblings, we don't look alike.

Martin and Brad, doing what they always do.

Angela and Justine pulling faces, a guy I don't recognise, Luke and then me.

At the Holdy, having our first couple of drinks.

Dancing with Angela and Justine.

Group huddle.

Brad loves it when Michael and I kiss, obviously.

Izzy, Angela, Luke, an attractive Justine, Whitey, and Rachel.

There's John, Luke, Izzy, my leg on the left with someone's head near my crotch in the middle.
I have no idea what's going on here.

These people are the best bit of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment