they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 3 - your views on drugs and alcohol;

My view on drugs and alcohol is no more a concern to you than your view to me. Either way, neither of us is going to change because of the other. I think that's a very important thing to remember. I'm not one for force feeding you my morals when you have a life to live of your own, built upon morals that suit you. And who the fuck am I to judge you ?

Personally, I'm not a fan of drugs. I've had my share of experiences, some not as grand as the reviews I heard from others, but nonetheless they were enough to form my own educated opinion. I would rather live off pure adrenaline than "drop a pinger and ride it out."

As for alcohol - I'm a fan, if done appropriately. Which is almost hypocritical coming from me because I'm one of the biggest binge drinkers I know. I go weeks, sometimes months, without a single drink, then randomly decide I'm going to get "slizzard" [that's the word kids are using now, yes ?], wake up the next morning with a killer hangover, then vow never to do it again. Total lie because I still continue that habit. What can I say, I like to be reckless on occasion.
In saying that, I still don't approve of those who abuse alcohol to the point that their body starts to shut down. Indulge in toxins all you want, so long as you have control. The moment someone loses control is the moment I lose respect from them. I'm a person who has great self control, which is why I don't drink often, and why I said I'm a hypocrite because someone with self control wouldn't get "slizzard" regardless of temptation. The same standards and expectations I hold of others are the same I hold for myself. Why should I expect more from others than I'm willing to give ?

Generally speaking though, each to their own. Do as you please, but don't let it affect me or I'll shred you.

No comments:

Post a Comment