they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 8 - a moment you felt most satisfied with your life;

“As long as I have a want, I have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death.”
~George Bernard Shaw.
I'm always after something more than what I already have. Whilst I'm currently satisfied with my life as it is, I've never been completely satisfied, and I'm glad for that. That's not to say I'm not content with my life, because I assure you I am, it's just that while it does make me happy, there's still so much of my life yet to be lived to the fullest. You know what I mean ?
I'm only 23, for goodness sakes. There's more to life than what I know.

I'm actually quite thrilled about growing older and maturing. If I stay as I am, where I am, I'll never make anything of my life. There's so much potential to do great things with my life, and I need to want more than what I have to achieve that. I have a loving boyfriend, a supportive family [although they can be overbearing at times], the best bestfriends I could ask for, a stable job with future possibilities to further my career, a desire to fulfil my long term career goal, on-the-side projects that are more about me than making money or the likes, my loyal kitty who loves me dearly despite the cute torture I dish upon him, a home to keep me sheltered, a reliable car so I can see my friends and family, and so on... I have everything I currently need to maintain my happiness outside my desire for greater things.

Short answer: Right now, I'm mildly satisfied with my life because my desire for greater things prolongs the feeling of complete and utter satisfaction. What I have makes me happiest, but there are more things in store for me. Greater things that a mid-20 year old could possibly imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment