they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Monday, July 18, 2011

Second sucks;

“They’re only bad or evil because they’re deeply unhappy.”
~ Helena Bonham Carter.
Sometimes I forget why you do the things you do. Why you so desperately try to ruin my happiness. It's because you're miserable and lonely. You're so unhappy that bringing me down with you somehow makes you feel better about yourself. Because if someone else is sadder than you, then it makes you feel like you're happier than they are, even though you know it's a lie.

I get it now. For each day more that I stand in this place, it means I'm one day closer to surpassing all that you ever were. And you're terribly afraid of that. If I surpass you, it means you weren't the best thing to happen. It means you're second best. And second sucks.

I wonder how much more poking and prodding I can do before you'll crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment