they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 15 can get stuffed;

Check the side panel if you want to know.

I haven't written anything of recent worthy of actually being posted for a while. I've been unable to sleep properly for the last few weeks and it's taking its toll on my mind. I'm finding it rather difficult to string together enough sentences to explain my train of thought. Instead, I'm finding my thoughts to be derailed quite effortlessly. That aside, I haven't got much else to tell.

I recently set a plan in motion. It may very well blow up in my face, but the likelihood of that is slim. I'm hardly ever wrong when it comes to these things. I guess that's the risk you take when you place your trust within another. This is a wonderful personal development though. It started off more difficult than I expected, but the temptation to break my will power is not as appealing as it once was. I need to succeed at this; to prove myself, and everyone else around me, wrong. If I fail, the rest of my life will surely pay for it. It's one of those things I have to correct early or face the rest of my life making the same mistake over and over again. I will not let the latter occur, mark my words.

I've noticed, through the wonders of lurking peoples' tumblrs, that becoming a journalist is a rather popular thing at the moment. Everyone seems to be heading down that path. Shame that all of their work, up to date, is fair sub-par. None of it strikes me as fascinating, or remotely interesting. When I think of a great writer, I think of someone who takes the mundane tasks of every day life and turns them into something rather interesting. A great writer can make an adventure out of the most dull activities, and the "writers" I've seen so far lack that. Especially a few in particular, who boast about perfect scores on their pieces during high school. I'll tell you one thing, and this will come across as arrogant, but if I were their teachers, I would have given them no more than 15/20. None of their work deserves a perfect score in my opinion. They honestly lack the natural flair of a great writer. Here's the thing; you could have all the qualifications down on paper to say, that by a lecture's standards, you are a writer, but unless you have that natural skill within yourself to break free of University's standard of literature, you will never make it.
That's just my opinion. And don't make the assumption that I consider myself above them, or with more talent, because I assure you that's not the case. I have a long road ahead of me if I'm to become the great novelist that I hope to be. At least I can admit that I've still got learning to do, unlike some.

Here's the current target of my frustration - GUYS, SERIOUSLY BACK THE OFF ! If I say I'm not interested, it means I'm not interested. Are you always that stupid or do you make a special effort when you're out ? Oh, you don't take "no" for an answer ? Well then. The next time I'm out drinking and some douchbag hits on me, I'm going to take his number. Then I'm going to write it down on all the toilet walls so random drunk bitches will call him looking for a "good time." If I don't want you, surely some drunk floozy will. After all, it's the least I can do after rejecting all of your advances.
In a nut shell; go away.

I realise this has just turned into a massive bitch purge. Here's an amusing photoshop I found. A giggle-giggle-giggle.


I like to end my shit rambles on a positive note. I think it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment