they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Q&A;

1> In general, do you find yourself more attracted to people with similar or different interests, life experiences, political beliefs, and religious backgrounds? Do you think having some common interests/goals is essential for a successful relationship?This is such a difficult question to begin with. It's hard to say. Common interests don't bother me as much as religious beliefs. I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with a die-hard religious person because it would cause conflicts on such a personal level. I don't have the need or desire for religion in my life, and I wouldn't want my partner preaching to me about how I should let "God" in or something. I wouldn't have a problem if they believed in religion, as long as they didn't force it on me. Life experience shouldn't always be similar but it's good to find comfort in another knowing that they've been in the same place as you. Politics don't bother me; it's the same with religion. Common goals is something that I find rather attractive, in the sense that I would love to have someone in my life that wants to plant themselves in a stable career, someone who wants to be financially sound like myself, someone who wants to travel the world, buy a house, all of that adult crap. You know, so if it came down to sharing the rest of our lives together, at least I'd know we're heading down the same path.

2> What is your all-time favourite, romantic movie scene? What about it speaks to you?
The dying scene in The Notebook, as cliche as it is. I guess that's why I love it so much, because it's cliche. To me, it shows that two people really can spend the rest of their lives together happily in love, even though modern day trends show an increase of divorce early in marriages. I love how at the very end she remembered him, she knew that that's where she belonged, right by his side. And I love the fact that they lived up to their vowels - til death do us part. I'm a child of divorce, so my faith in love and "forever" was shattered early. And in all honesty, I want that for myself when I'm ready to share my eternity with another.

3> If you could change one major thing about your life, whether a relationship, your job, your living situation, your school, etc., what would it be? Are you currently working toward a serious life transition?
You know, given the chance, I don't think there's much I'd change. I guess I'd like the time and money to go travelling to all the places I want to see. That's pretty much it.

4> If you could go back in time to another decade, which decade would you choose and why? Would you want to return or stay there? What if you could bring one other person with you?
I'd love to visit the 1920's and the 1950's. I love how the fashion and language has changed over time, I love how technology has progressed, how morals and values have changed, but most importantly, I want to see how the life of a woman constricted to such lives would have been. They wouldn't have had the same equal rights as I do right now, and I'd think it'd be an important lesson to learn how lucky I have it.
I'd definitely come back but I wouldn't bring anyone with me. They had their time, and coming to a future that's drastically different would be a huge shock.

5> Have you ever participated in a seance? If not, would you consider it? What spirit would you summon and what question would you ask them? Do you believe we can get messages from the dead?
As a kid, I thought it was a fun idea since I was always curious about that spiritual world and such. Still am, come to think of it. I think I would summon Einstein to show him what's become of his inventions and how the world has changed. I'd ask him how he feels about it and what improvements could he suggest, and whether humans have gone out of control with technology. I don't know about messages as I've never had that experience. I guess if you believe, then it can be true. Just like messages from God.

6> Do you think your moods are controlled by your brain chemistry or that your brain chemistry dictates your moods? Do you believe people are born with particular emotional temperaments or that they are primarily shaped by environmental factors?
Wow, there are so many variables to consider when discussing emotions. Environmental factors play a huge role in shaping a persons emotional understanding of the world. Children brought up in an emotionally abusive environment face a lot of challenges, as goes for children who are brought up in an emotionally supportive environment. Emotionally abused children sometimes have trouble understanding how to take criticism well without feeling like they've done something wrong. They also have troubles knowing that what they've experienced was not normal, it wasn't healthy, and repeating the behaviour themselves is wrong. There are a lot of problems there. In contrast, children who are brought up in a world where everything is perfect, where everything comes on a silver platter, where they don't have to go without in any way, have a lot of trouble being independent because they never have been. They don't understand what it's like to go without all that money, without their parents buying them the best of the best, they don't understand what is it to work as hard as some may have.
Then there are children who are brought up in environments where men rule and women are slaves. Children who are brought up without the knowledge of the power and destruction the monetary system has in people's lives. There are children who grow up without parents, who don't know what it's like to have a family. There are children who are sexually abused, who reenact their abuse on others because they don't know any different.
There's so much that goes into developing a happy and healthy emotional human being, and what I've touched on is the tip of the iceberg. I'd be here all day if I covered every single point.

7> Which character from any film, television show, or book would you most like to take on a date and why?
Bring me Draco Malfoy and Ron Weasley on silver platters, please and thank you. Both come from full blood families, so I think it'd be interesting to see both sides of the spectrum.

8> If a friend or relative makes a racist or homophobic remark, do you tend to confront them or let it slide? Are you more likely to confront them if it offends you directly or someone else who seems reluctant to speak up?
I always speak up about that bullshit ! I don't care who the hell you think you are, you do not make remarks like that at all. People who stand in the way of equality need a roundhouse kick to the fucking head, and then some. I don't tend to have friends who have those mentalities, and as for family, I correct them wherever possible. I despise that shit. It's filthy.

9> Do you believe some people are more fortunate than others or do you think people create their own luck? In your opinion, are some people cursed?Some people certainly have it better than others, but I'm unsure as whether it's luck or just being born into the "right" life. For me, I'd like to think life it what we make it, and even the lowliest person can reach the top if only the try. I don't leave things up to luck, I make them happen for myself.

10> If you’re trying to create something, like a story, a composition, or a design, etc., do you find yourself imagining how others will react to it? Does that impede or enhance the creative process?I'm currently trying to write a novel that I've had circling inside my head for years. I don't so much imagine how others react to it as I imagine how I would react to it at the end of reading it myself. I think that as long as I'm happy with it, then I don't care what others think. Not everyone is going to like what I write and that's perfectly fine. If what I write can bring back those emotions and memories that are long gone, then I know it's done its job.
FYI - alcohol and rage enhance my creative nature.

11> When you take a class or attend a big meeting, where do you prefer to sit? Up close or way back where you can make a speedy get-away? Can you force yourself to focus even when you’re not interested?I sit up the front to hear and see properly, also because it shows I'm dedicated to whatever it happening. If I'm bored with the topic, I'll still listen because that person has put effort and time into what they're sharing. I know I'd feel pretty worthless if people were bored with what I was presenting, and I'd hate to make someone else feel that way.

12> Have you ever reconnected with long-lost friends over the Internet? Overall, have the relationships you’ve rekindled been more meaningful or superficial? Are there any people you wish you hadn’t run into again online?Oh, yes I have ! Ashley and I used to be best friends almost 5 years ago, but due to my stupid mistake of choosing a dick over a chick, I lost her friendship. Fair enough on her behalf, it was a bad move on mine. We're talking once more and, for me, it's almost like nothing's changed. We still have hour long conversations on the phone, actually 6 hours long, and we talk about everything and everything. I don't think we'd say we're best friends all over again, but she's certainly one of my favourites to talk to.

13> Are you happy at your current job? Do you think there’s such a thing as a dream job? What do you hope to be doing five or ten years from now? Are you working towards that goal?I lovelovelove my job, even though I want to become a Nurse and do more with myself. There most certainly is a dream job, and each and every person has one whether they know it or not. In 5-10 years I better have become a Nurse and working in a field where I'm doing something that keeps me interested. I am most certainly working towards that goal, and nothing will stop me.

14> Do you look forward to returning to work/school on Mondays or do you live for the weekend? What do you enjoy most about weekends? What do you dread most about school and/or work?I have every Monday off, actually. I don't mind starting the work week again because I don't work more than 3 days in a row, so it's not such a long week for me. I work every second weekend, which isn't as bad as you'd imagine. It actually helps with saving money as I'm not spending it going out every weekend. The thing I dread most about my job is working with shit people, and going to work when I've had hardly any sleep.

15> If you could relive one hour of your life so far, what would you choose and why? Would you do or say anything different? How do you think it would change your life?Oh gosh, I don't know. An hour isn't a very long time. I don't think I could pick an hour of my life, and even if I could I don't think I'd want to do it again. I'm content with the life I've lived up until this point, and the memories I've made a long the way.

16> If you broke a mirror, would you worry about bad luck even if you’re not superstitious? Would you walk under a ladder or cross a black cat’s path on a dare? Is there anything you’re superstitious about?I don't walk under ladders because it's unsafe, but that's it. I don't believe in superstitions or anything of that sort. Like I said before, I make my life the way I want it to be, I don't leave things to luck.

17> Who is the most inspiring teacher you ever had and why? How often do you think about what they taught you? How has it changed your life?My year 8 English teacher, or at least I think she was my year 8 teacher. I can't exactly remember her name, but she was by far the best teacher I've ever had. She wasn't always nice, her classroom was always freezing cold, and her marking system was harsh, but she was the most interactive and creative teacher I've had. She's the reason why I fell in love with literature and everything in the world of language. She taught me the wonders and love of words, the way they sound and roll of your tongue, the delicate meanings and beginnings words have, and she taught me the pleasure of becoming well acquainted with the beautiful world that I can create with words. There's a power to words that is completely underestimated.

18> If you could choose a $1,000 gift certificate for one online store, which would it be and what would you get? Would you share the love with your friends?Thinkgeek.com or Esty.com and I'd buy a fuckload of cool shit for my friends/family/myself.

19> What is on your personal list of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World?I love this question !
1. The complete warmth and adoration that you feel when you receive a cuddle from someone who means the absolute world to you.
2. The way the warmth of a hot cup of tea/coffee spreads throughout your body, making it feel like every inch of your skin is tingling.
3. Watching clouds on a sunny day, and trying to spot all sorts of things in them.
4. The laugh and smile of a person you love.
5. "I love you" and "I miss you" voice mails.
6. The feeling of doing good, and helping the world in some small way, when you donate to charity.
7. The way human beings are trying to preserve and rebuild our world the way it naturally is.
Yes, I'm a sentimental fucktard and don't see the value in materialistic items.

20> Have you ever ruined the ending or given away plot developments in a book, movie, or TV show by telling someone who hasn’t seen or read it what happens? Has anyone ever done this to you?I kind of ruined a character's secret identity in an anime my brother is watching because I misunderstood him and thought he knew already. And on my year 10 retreat, my friend told me that Sirus Black dies before I had read that part. No matter how hard I tried to unlearn it, I couldn't. She ruined my favourite book for me, the bitch.

21> Who is your favorite mother (the character, not the actress) from television or the movies?Morticia Addams from the Addams Family. For as long as I can remember, I've always wanted to be apart of that family.

22> If your friend or partner left his or her email open, would you look? How about a journal? Have you ever peeked at something private?I wouldn't, no. What could I possibly find in there of any interest to me ? Each person has their secrets, and somethings are better left unknown.

23> Are you an oldest, youngest, middle, or only child? How do you think it has influenced your personality?This is a confusing answer to give. In my immediate family, I'm the older sibling and have 1 younger brother. My father had been married once before my mother, and again after her, which resulted in more children than just me and my brother. I have 4 older half brothers, 2 older half sister, my full blood brother from my mother, and 1 younger half sister. I haven't seen my father in 13 years, so I'm unsure as to whether that's still the case or not. 

24> Would you rent or buy the home of your dreams if a brutal murder had taken place there? What if you got to live there rent-free? Would you think twice if neighbors warned you that it was haunted?If I found the dream home I've been searching for, I'd buy it/live there rent-free. Neighbours could tell me it's haunted and I'd just think of it as Casper, haha.

25> All it takes is a blackout to realize how much we rely on electricity. What’s your most memorable story from a power outage?There aren't any interesting stories that I can think of. Blackouts aren't very entertaining for me.

26> Do you think animals have a sense of humor?If they can feel happiness, sadness, love and hurt, then why wouldn't they be able to have a sense of humor ?

27> Empty parking garages, roadside motels, dark caves, dank basements, overgrown forests—what kind of setting makes you feel nervous?Any environment that prevents me from seeing the ground I'm walking on scares me. I don't like not being able to see where my feet are. Long grass, deep water, etc.

28> Has your idea of the perfect romantic partner changed with age? Do you think we can teach ourselves to desire partners who are better for us or are we constrained by the laws of attraction?Boy has it ever ! Young children don't know what it is to have a relationship and romance that adults have. There's a great deal of difference. We can most certainly teach ourselves to desire better people than the previous ones we've encountered. I don't see how that wouldn't be possible. It's called knowing what you deserve, and every person should be aware of their highest self value.

29> If your best friend forgave his or her partner for cheating and lying, would you try to forgive him or her too? Would you find it difficult to spend time with them as a couple?Anyone who hurts my friends/family receives no forgiveness from me. None. I can put differences aside and be pleasant for the sake of the person I care and love about, but there's no way I'd forgive and forget. And you can be sure as hell that I'd take every chance to remind them of their mistakes. There's one friend in particular who's partner constantly cheats on them, and I find it rather difficult to be around them because I know what's going on and it's not okay by my standards. It makes me feel uncomfortable to know how naive and blind they are.

30> What three items would you place in a time capsule to help future generations understand you?
I'd put a sample of all the diseases, viruses and cancers that we can't cure in there in hopes that they'll be able to find a cure with their "advanced medical technology and knowledge."

No comments:

Post a Comment