they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

These words you speak;

They weigh a ton. They crush my chest, strangle my neck, and wrestle with my heart. I can feel my insides melting as each syllable nestles itself within me. They burst into flames, igniting and bringing forth a smoke that shrouds and chokes my lungs. I can feel the air popping in my ears, the white silence ringing in my mind, the world becoming a blur before my very eyes. My knees begin to buckle, the ground beneath falls away, and I am at your mercy. My bones ache for you.

These words you speak; they may drown me in a sea of perpetual emotions I've never felt before, but I wouldn't have it any other way. These words you speak; you know their weight in gold, how precious they truly are. These words you speak; they make me feel alive.

I love the way you fumble so delicately with words you're yet to fully understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment