they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Tonight's the last night;

That I'll get to watch the sun set over the ocean while sitting on my couch. From my backyard, you can see where the sky meets the water. The family room in my house has floor to ceiling windows on 2 out of 4 walls, enabling me to see everything without freezing my butt off. I'm going to miss it, a lot. In summer, you can smell the beach in the air. It's the most fascinating thing. And when it rains over the ocean, you can see it - the water develops patches and darkens in odd shapes.

As of tomorrow, I won't have it anymore. On the plus side, I'll have my boyfriend around pretty much 24/7, and I like that :3

I can tell you one thing I'm not going to miss - walking up those damn stairs when I'm too drunk to carry myself on my own two feet. I don't think Michael will miss carrying me up them, either.

I'm going to miss my mum, too. I know we're not that kind of lovey dovey sort of mother and daughter combo, but ever since I snapped at her for treating me like shit, she's been rather nice. She's helped me out a lot with preparing to move out, and today she was really understanding and patient, which for my mother is really weird. When I leave, she'll be home all alone while injured. I don't like the idea that she'll get lonely or that no one will be there to look after her if the pain becomes unbearable. It makes me sad, and that's why up until recently, I put off leaving home.

It's time to fly the coop.

No comments:

Post a Comment