they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Friday, November 18, 2011

Watching a loved one cry out in pain, knowing there's nothing you can do to help, is the absolute worst;

I’ve been at Flinder’s Medical Centre Emergency since about 6am this morning. Mother had intense back spasms that prevented her from walking, or basically any movement at all, including talking. I had to called 000 and get an ambulance because there was no way I could carry her to the car and drive. We’re home now, and she’s on severely strong pain killers.

Today, I cried a new set of tears - tears of helplessness. I felt fucking horrible watching my mother scream out in pain because it hurt so much, knowing there was nothing anyone could do. She just had to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment