they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Thursday, December 22, 2011

People often ask me why I modify my body;

I'll tell you why I do it. I see human beings as blank white walls. Everyone starts off with a clean wall, and throughout life, it's their decision to make that wall into what they want. Some people want to keep that wall as white as the first day they saw it. Some people don't mind if it gets scuffed, scratched or marked. And then there are people like me, who see that blank white wall as more. We see it as a canvas. We paint it, draw on it, stick photos and posters all over it, we scratch it, tear at it, do whatever feels like the most fun at the time. We do this because when we're about to close our eyes for the last time, we can see our whole life on that wall. We can see the scars, the piercings, the tattoos, the meanings behind every photo and poster we've stuck on that wall. And it's not just for us to see; it's on display for others.

My modifications tell a story about my life. That's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment