they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Eve 2011 contained the following adventure;








  • Pre-drinks with my best friend, Rachel, at mine.
  • Pouring the remainder of our drinks into water bottles for the bus ride.
  • Loads of drunk pout photos for the lulz.
  • Our bus ride was cut short due to traffic at Brighton train station and Rachel’s dire urge to pee.
  • Peeing behind a car in some random street.
  • Walking down Brighton road with our hitch hiker thumb out trying to get a lift since the walk was going to take forever.
  • Running down the road, smacking my head on the roof of a taxi, climbing in and getting a lift to Jetty road.
  • Shoving our water bottles full of alcohol down the back of our shorts to hide them from the police.
  • Finally getting to the apartment.
  • Taking lots of photos with everyone.
  • Had the very most platonic NYE kiss with one of my best friends. His girlfriend and my boyfriend were at another party together… as friends, haha.
  • Sent Michael an incredibly mushy txt just after midnight that we’re both ignoring since it was pointless to remember.
  • Got in the car with Bradley, Ryan and John for a small drive to Clarendon for another party.
  • Bradley took a corner waaaaaaaaayyyy too sharp for my stomach to handle, which resulted in vomit as soon as I opened the car door.
  • Don’t remember seeing Michael at said party. I just asked for some water and somewhere to crash. I think it was 3:30am-ish by the time I crashed and burned.
  • Woke up at roughly 5:30am in a tent in my boyfriend’s friend’s girlfriend’s backyard. Yeah. I still don’t have any idea who she is.
  • When I finally got out the tent, I found Ryan on a chair asleep with a towel as blankie.
  • Michael drove us home, we slept, and then it was New Years Day hangover time.

If the way you spend the first day of the new year is anything to go by, I’m going to spend the rest of the year in my knickers and t-shirt.

My new year’s resolution ? Stay debt free.

No comments:

Post a Comment