they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros & cons;

I'll admit it; I'm unhappy with my body's current shape. I'm not one of those "skinny bitches" who calls herself fat even though she's not, because I know I'm skinny. I'm well aware that my concerns with my body has nothing to do with my overall self esteem. What I'm concerned about is my well being and the health condition of my body. I'm out of shape. My body is not at its best - this is what makes me unhappy.

Up until about six years ago, I was always active and fit. I went for runs, walks with my dog, bike rides with my brother, played numerous sports, and did dancing every afternoon from school. These days I hardly walk fast, let alone run. I can't even dance at the intensity that I used to, which is highly disappointing for me. I know this sounds like a skinny bitch wah-wah session, but it's the only part of my life that I'm unhappy about.

SO, I made a list of pros & cons on getting fit again. Here they are:

Pros

  • Overall fitness and health will increase.
  • Stress levels will decrease.
  • Energy levels will increase.
  • Increased muscle.
  • The unwanted and excess fat I've built up will deteriorate.
  • I'll sleep better.
  • My clothes will fit properly again.
  • I'll have my baby six pack back.
  • I'll be happier.

Cons

  • I run the risk of dropping too much weight and ending up under 50kgs again. That's not what I want.
  • I run the risk of losing my amazing rack. I'm currently rocking 10D and I'd like to keep them.
  • I run the risk of losing my amazing bum. Whilst my abdominal area is out of shape, my bum is great. It's the biggest it's ever been and I want to keep it.

I've been doing some research on healthy and effective ways to tone up your abdominal area, so fingers crossed it doesn't take too long to see results. I've already started eating healthier and drinking lots more water and tea. 2010 is the year I plan on making permanent changes to becoming a better person, and this is just the beginning. Whilst this aspect is the only area of concern for my exterior, it's the internal errors that I'm more determined to correct. I can be a better person, and I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment