they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Friday, March 16, 2012

5 of my residents passed away in the last couple of days.

What do you do when one of your living residents starts crying about her friend that passed away ? Cry with them ? Because I sure as hell nearly did today. I mean, what else are you supposed to do when someone you care about starts to cry ? Put on a brave face ? Like hell.

It's not unusual that so many would pass away; it's unusual that they all did roughly the same time. I know people come to live at facilities like mine to die, but it still fucking sucks.

On the plus side; I ran the heaviest ward today down to fucking perfection. Everyone went on their breaks at the right time, each of my residents were up and ready for breakfast/lunch in time, and I got a 5 minute neck massage while sitting on my ass waiting for 3pm to roll over. So proud of myself for that. I hate being in a managerial role, because I don't like getting yelled at when things go wrong, but today wasn't too bad. I also found out that the nursing course is free through work ! As soon as I've completed my first year at work, I'm applying for my degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment