they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Things I wish I'd said #003

I'm sorry for what I did to you. I don't know why I did it, and there's not a single excuse on this planet that can justify what I did. I suppose I did it because for once I was the one in control, and I wasn't the one being hurt. You're now too far away for me to make it up properly, and I'd probably waste my chance if you were close enough because I'm a lousy friend like that. Neither of us gained anything from what I did and, unfortunately for me, there's nothing I can do to fix what's broken between us. You've forgiven me, and I'm so thankful for that, but I know you'll always think of what I did in the back of your mind and a small part of you will always hate me for it.

I'm okay with that. I'm okay knowing you'll never trust me again. I wouldn't trust me either if I were in your shoes. I don't deserve it. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for giving me a second chance. I won't screw it up. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment