they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Friday, May 4, 2012

Things that annoy me - part 1 (because I'm sure I could add many more parts to this)

My menstrual cycle - if I could shut down my uterus for a few years then start it up again when I was ready to have children, I fucking would. No lie.

My financial situation - I hate the way the amount of cash I have dictates the life I lead; more so its direct correlation to my social life.

Waiting for what feels like an eternity for the doctor - for some unknown reason, the wait to see your doctor exceeds the amount of time that you actually spend with your doctor. I don't understand how I wait hours on end to see a doctor who'll spend 2 minutes with me and write up a prescription to get me out asap.

Those noisy as fuck children who constantly throw tantrums for no reason - parents need to learn how to control their children properly. When I venture out into the public, I don't expect my ears to be assaulted with the noise your child makes. If you can be fined for noise pollution from playing music too loudly in your own fucking car, parents should be fined for noise pollution in a public space. Shut up. Just, shut up.

People who are offended by breastfeeding mothers - honestly, if you can't get your mind out of the fucking gutter while watching a baby suckle, you have some serious issues to deal with. It's not an erotic situation so stop treating it like one. Furthermore, if males can walk around without a goddamn shirt on, you can fucking suck it up when a woman is doing exactly what her fucking body was designed to do. Don't even start with me.

Those dumbfuck people who stop moving while in the very middle of the walkway in a mall - no, seriously, that's the most convenient and logical place to stop moving, really; directly in the path of every other person who just wants to do their shopping and go home. Please, move to the side and let everyone else carry on with their day. Just because you suddenly have no fucking clue what you're doing, it doesn't mean the rest of us should suffer for it.

"Got a lighter?" people - if you can afford cigarettes, at least have the fucking common sense to buy the accessories you need to go along with it. I am not a portable lighter for the general public, and we're not friends because I light one up for you. Go away.

ppl whu typ lyk dis - we live in a world of modern day technology that has auto correct. For fuck sake, most internet browsers and document programs come with a spell checker. That little red squiggly line under all your misspelled words isn't decorative. You have no excuses, whatsoever. None.

Homophobes/people against same sex marriage - I don't need to explain this one. This is just a given, like basic human rights. (See what I did there.)

"Real women have curves" - as a naturally skinny girl who can in fact eat whatever the fuck I want and never gain weight, here's a well overdue FUCK YOU. I am just as real as you are, you bitch. I am not a "rake" or a "twig." Men will not snap me in half in the midst of sex, and if you poke my bum, I'm sure you'll hit flab before you hit bone. Obesity is equally unattractive as anorexia/bulimia. I am all for loving who you are in your own skin, but don't you dare beat down on others because they have a different body shape.

The fact that whilst I thought I had legitimate reasons to complain and therefore create this post, I was mistaken - I'll stop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment