they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Friday night involved too many emotions.








There was one very important lesson I learnt from Friday night:

  • NEVER EVER GO BACK TO SAVVY.

Apart from that, Friday night was pretty awesome. Rachel and I went to Black Market after 12pm because that's when Kelly was due to arrive. It was the first time I had been to Black Market since the venue change, and I have to admit, it's not too bad. Feels a little strange being in a pub sort of venue, but the balcony and outside areas available for smokers most certainly won me over.

Bradley poured me a few drinks that were not standard drinks. I couldn't decide what I wanted so he poured me a tequila shot and then made me a peach schnapps and lemonade, even though I asked for peach vodka. I'll have you know that chasing a straight shot of tequila with something rather sweet is not easy on the tummy. Swapping to cranberry and vodka wasn't a bright idea either since I actually hate cranberries (I even pick them out of my cereal). Kelly then fed me some vodka and raspberry that had actually been mixed nicely.

I'm not really sure how, but Kelly and I spent an overly large amount of time talking in the bathroom towards the end of the night that when we vacated, the downstairs portion of the club had been deemed a crime scene. All of our friends had left, including the ones I was supposed to go home with, so Kelly and Tristan helped me out with taxi fare to make sure I got home safely. By the time I fell asleep, it was after 6am, and I was rudely awakened at 9am by a phone call from my mother, who wanted to go shopping with me but was rejected as I was in no condition to leave the house. I spent the greater portion of the morning laying in bed with Michael when he eventually returned home.

Very important lesson I learnt Saturday morning #001: Hangovers fucking suck balls but Anchorman makes them better. The painkillers I had, had nothing to do with it~

No comments:

Post a Comment