they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Monday, June 25, 2012

Things I wish I'd said #008

I am sick and tired of being made out to be the bad guy because I would rather a good night sleep before work in the morning than going out and getting drunk until like 3am. I wake up at 5:30am every goddamn morning for work, and I spend the greater part of my day looking at elderly naked bodies, washing their genitalia, and cleaning up urine and faeces. It’s hard enough doing it sober and well rested, so I cannot even begin to fathom how hard it’d be doing that hung over and deprived of sleep.

Furthermore, I use machinery at work. If I’m found to be hung over or still under the influence of alcohol, I’d be sent home early from work. Now while you may be saying, “hooray !” because you like the idea of going home early, I don’t. I don’t enjoy letting down my co-workers, putting extra stress on them, or leaving my residents stuck in bed all day because I chose to be stupid the night before. In addition, I could lose my job or worse - possibly kill someone. Not to mention that doesn’t count as sick leave so I also lose out on money.

And it’s not just that; I prefer to remain professional since this isn’t just a day job for me, it’s my fucking career we’re talking about. The next time you’re hung over, get a baby’s used nappy, hang yourself upside down with your face dangling just above it and tell yourself that going out the night before was still a good idea. Do that at least 20 times over the course of three hours and try not to vomit while you’re at it.

It’s called being professional, and I’d rather be that than getting fired at work just because you said going out and drinking would be worth it. Fuck you.

AND FYI - I WORK EVERY SECOND WEEKEND. I HAVE BEEN FOR THE LAST YEAR. IF YOU PAID ANY ATTENTION TO THE AMOUNT OF FUCKING TIMES I’VE TOLD YOU THIS, THIS POST WOULDN’T EXIST.

No comments:

Post a Comment