they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Friday, July 20, 2012

Can't think of a title. Make one up yourself.

Yesterday was the longest day off I think I’ve ever had. I woke up at 6am and got ready to leave for the hospital as my grandpa was supposed to have surgery at 8:30am. On the way, I managed to knock my thermos cup somehow and ended up splashing hot tea in my face. My grandpa had a temperature so they did a blood test and CT scan to see what was wrong; it was a kidney stone. He went in for the removal of a tumour in his bowel and ended up with kidney stone surgery today instead. I’d been at the hospital since 7am and left at 11:30am once the Urologist decided that my grandpa was unfit for bowel surgery. (I’m awaiting a call/text back from my mother today to let me know how his kidney stone surgery went.)

I was trying so desperately to make it on time to see Celeste for chai lattes and a catch up, but like my usual self, I showed up about 15 minutes late. We talked about how our boyfriends always resolve to smacking their laptops in an attempt to fix them (even though it never fucking works, and Taylor actually broke his screen while Michael’s still doesn’t work); 50 Shades of Grey and the anal scene I read ages ago that put me off because the writing is tacky; rumours that a friend of ours might be bisexual/gay, which is cool; Uni life and how excited I am about it; other pointless crap; and then we parted ways.

I decided that yesterday would be the day I lined up for ages to sort out my license deal. I passed the P2’s test back in November 2011 but never received my full license card in the mail. When I renewed my P2’s license because it would expire otherwise, I asked the girl if it would prevent me from getting my full license or anything like that, which she said wouldn’t. Turns out that when I passed the test, no one gave me the form to upgrade my license to a full one, so while I was technically on my full license, I still had my fucking P2’s license. Thank goodness it’s all sorted because I told my car insurance company that I’m on my full license.

Got home and did nothing. Assed around on tumblr, fiddled with Twitter even though I still can’t bring myself to use it because it looks stupid, checked my emails, made dinner and then went to bed before 9pm only to be woken up just as I was falling asleep by a text message that I still haven’t replied to. Sorry, Ashley ! I actually don’t remember clearly enough what I did once I got home but I’m sure it was dumbshit anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment