they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Sunday, August 26, 2012

I left the house yesterday to be social again.

My friend was having a bbq and pre-drinks at his house for his birthday. I figured I might as well put some effort into looking nice even though I wasn’t drinking or going clubbing with them that night. Black and grey are my staple colours in my wardrobe, but I’m trying to increase colour, slowly.

I wished Anthony a happy birthday (his birthday’s actually today but whatever), said hello to everyone there and then sat down with Larry and Trev while we talked about shit. Rachel and Hannah showed up shortly after, so we went outside to sit by the bbq and catch up on shit I’ve missed since I haven’t seen either of them in a while. Rachel told me all about the new job she’s applying for; Hannah and I bitched about her managers and my previous managers at other jobs; I spoke to Larry about all things grown up like how he’s planing on starting an apprenticeship even though he’ll be paid shit all; we ate the food that Anthony generously provided; I turned down alcohol; had my very last 3 cigarettes (Michael quit already so I’m being a supportive girlfriend and quit too); and made plans to get drunk and do a 5,000 piece puzzle with Hannah and Trev the next weekend I’m not working.

Hannah left early because she got tired, and I didn’t notice how drunk she was at that time so I didn’t mention anything about her driving home. Rachel came out and was angry because we let her leave. Turns out she was drunk enough that she was practically hanging off Trev when she said goodbye to him. She wouldn’t answer Rachel’s calls or reply to her texts, so I promised that when I got home I’d call Hannah to make sure she got home okay. Seeing as she lives 2 streets away, I drove past her house to see if she was home. The lights were off and her car was in the drive way so I didn’t call her. I’m supposed to call her today to make sure she’s fine, but I’ll wait a bit since it’s still really early.

No comments:

Post a Comment