they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Monday night.

So I spent from about 3:30pm until 8:30pm at the hospital with Michael last night. I didn’t realise how long I had been there until I saw what time I left. 5 hours of watching tv, talking about shit, Michael getting dinner and me stealing a bit of it (even though I know I shouldn’t have because of his food charts but ohwell), holding hands a lot since cuddling on the bed is super hard, and at one point I got furious because of the elderly lady in the bed across from Michael. Ungrateful little shit. I have never wanted to instantly punch someone in the face until last night.

He texted me earlier, telling me how he didn’t get much sleep because of that lady on the call bell all night long. I feel sorry for him. Even the doctors and nurses wish him luck with sleeping. Attention seeking behaviours are the worst because there’s literally nothing you can do to stop it. Even if you give in and do what they want, it’s never enough. I see it all the time at work and it drives me mental.

No comments:

Post a Comment