they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Things I wish I'd said #018

I don’t know how I’m supposed to help you. Every time I try, you shoot me down.

“They’re just words. I know you’re trying to help, but it’s just words.”

Words are all I have; all I can give you. Kisses and arms wrapped around you won’t help. You already knocked me back once before. I don’t know how I’m supposed to help you. If everything I try doesn’t help, then I won’t try anymore. I accept defeat. If leaving you alone to deal with these things is what you want, then you’ll have it, no matter how useless I feel. Don’t expect me to lean on you when things get hard for me. This isn’t a one-way street.

No comments:

Post a Comment