they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Monday, November 19, 2012

Sunday Supanova with Tom Felton was amazing.

MY HEART STARTS RACING A MILLION MILES AN HOUR EVERY TIME I LOOK AT THIS. OUR CONVERSATION WAS LITERALLY JUST NOISES ON RACHEL AND MY SIDE.

TOM FELTON: HEY GIRLS, HOW’S YOUR DAY ?
US: YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH

MY FACE LOOKS HELL STUPID AND ALIEN LIKE HERE BECAUSE THE PHOTO WAS BENT WHEN RACHEL TOOK A PHOTO OF IT ON HER PHONE. I NEED TO GET THE ORIGINAL, WHICH HE SIGNED FOR RACHEL, SO I CAN SCAN IT AND HAVE MY VERY OWN.

Tom Felton signed a photo for me at Supanova on Sunday. He asked how to correctly pronounce my name, and when I said whatever’s easier for him, he said he likes that because I’m easy going. Yeah, and he confirmed that he was at the Woolshed on Thursday and Friday night drinking beer towers ! Of all places.








When I woke up Sunday morning, I wasn’t exactly sure if the room was spinning because I was still drunk or super hungover. It was like 8am when I woke up and Rachel came in to make sure I was getting ready to leave. I had some water, burped a few times, and then forced myself to vomit. It tasted like cheeseburger and I had chunks of pickle stuck in my throat afterwards. We left, got maccas and Powerade on the way, and tried to pull each other through our hangovers.

It cost Rachel $7 to park at Supanova, which is a bloody rip off. Might as well have taken our souls. We waited in line for aaaaaaages since we got there really early in hopes that tokens to see Tom Felton hadn’t sold out already. When we got in, we raced to the Supanova Sale Stall, bought our tokens and then went go wait in line for our photograph. The girl told us to come back later since we were super early, so we decided to walk around the stalls and see what was there. I bought a Tardis pillow thingy for $25, even though I said I wouldn’t buy anything. I found my friend, Nat, working at a stall and picked up the posters she had for Michael. We talked for a bit about how hungover we all were and then made our way to line up for our photograph.

During our time waiting in line, we talked about how excited we were to see him and how we were going to react. When we walked in, we were so in shock we didn’t really talk to Tom. Our conversation was more like noises. We hugged him so tightly I think we may have frightened him and then had to leave pretty much straight away because they don’t let you hang around. Since it was going to take an hour before a photograph was printed, we debating whether or not to pay for an autograph from Tom as well just so we could speak to him some more. We went with yes.

Rachel got some lunch and then we walked around the stalls some more and had a look at almost everything for sale. Rachel took some photos of me with various cosplayers and other awesome things, then we made our way to the line up for Tom’s autograph session. We spoke about what kind of questions we were going to ask him and how we had to “play it cool” when we got to talk to him. The staff member sitting next to Tom wrote down our names on a sticky note for him so he knew how to spell our names. Because my name has various pronunciations, he asked me how to say it. When I told him whatever’s easier for him, he said he liked that because I’m easy going. He said that he had previously offended some people for not pronouncing their names correctly and didn’t want to make another mistake. He was so sweet and lovely and nice and wow.

Before we walked away, Rachel asked him about whether or not he had been at the Woolshed on Friday night, since a friend of mine said he was there. He said he went both Thursday and Friday night. He didn’t say anything about being there Saturday night, which I’m kind of glad he didn’t because we almost went there Saturday night and I would have killed myself if I knew he was there and we didn’t actually go.

We then went outside and laid on the grass in the sunshine while we waited for his Q&A session to start. We both nearly fell asleep because of how hungover we were. I got some food and then we got in the line up for the session. It was ridiculously long. We got in the seated area, which was good because we needed to sit, but super annoying because we couldn’t actually see Tom on the stage. A lot of people asked questions, and he said, “Hello, lovely,” to every girl that he spoke to. I absolutely adore the way he speaks. I suppose it’s because he’s from the UK, but he’s very articulated and uses words that we just don’t on a regular day. His accent is rather gentle as well.

A little boy asked him what his favourite spell was, which he said Explliarmus. He then asked the little boy what his favourite spell was, which he said Avada Kedavra, hahahahahahahahaha. It was really cute.

After the session was over, we pretty much high tailed it out of there. We were exhausted from all the walking, lining up and pure excitement of the day that we felt like passing out. When I got back to Rachel’s, I packed my bags up, left and then went to Looker’s where all the boys where at. You don’t really care about that part. We just sat around smoking and talking. I had the best sleep Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment