they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Friday, December 21, 2012

So it's almost the end of the year and I thought it's probably best I note down what ruled about 2012 before I forget:


  1. I’ve held down my longest running job.
  2. I love my job, even on the shit days.
  3. I’ve been living out of home for over a year now.
  4. I somehow still manage to pay everything without going totally broke.
  5. I’m working on my savings - even though I add like $2 a week. Still!
  6. New body modifications.
  7. I basically taught myself how to drive a manual car.
  8. Through that, I learnt how to face fears head on and actually get through them.
  9. I applied for university and got in.
  10. I’ve managed to keep up with every single loan payment and have successfully hit under the $12,000 mark.
  11. We’ve passed every house inspection with flying colours.
  12. Hannah moved in.
  13. Michael and I had our very first Christmas together.
  14. It was the first Christmas I had with Ichigo.
  15. I’ve learnt how to love my body, on all levels.
  16. My hair has never been longer.
  17. I have never been this thin before.
  18. Michael and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary.
  19. Melbourne for my birthday.
  20. I don’t have to work Christmas or New Year’s Day this year.
  21. My implanon has been successful.
  22. Big boobs, thigh gaps and protruding collar bones are not important to me, and they shouldn’t be to you, either.
  23. Quit the gym: started eating better.
  24. All the help and support I’ve received from my mother.
  25. I have not gone crazy with buying all sorts of things for myself and being selfish like I thought I would’ve.
  26. 2012 was the first year in a long time where my anxiety and depression did not get the better of me.
  27. I’ve made real friends at work. I received a Christmas card from one of my favourite co-workers, was invited to dinner by some others (I didn’t go in the end), Laura and I now have lunch dates every second Friday together, and people actually ask how my life is going even though it has nothing to do with work.

I am so proud of myself. These might seem like mediocre things to you, but they’re important enough for me that I don’t want to forget them. This has been the most life changing year of my life to date. Growing up ain’t so bad after all. I am so content with the person I am today and I cannot wait to grow some more next year.

Here’s to the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment