they say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone / / they say that your darkest hour comes before your dawn

Monday, January 21, 2013

%

I don’t know how I feel entirely about the idea that there’s just one person out there perfect for you. The idea of The One kind of freaks me out, y’know? Like I’ve been wasting my time on guys who aren’t going to last because they’re not The One or some shit? Idk. That sounds crazy to me.

I mean, can’t there be varying degrees of The One?

The One who was your first; The One who taught you life’s hard lessons; The One who made you feel confident and beautiful; The One who fitted into your rebellious phase perfectly; The One who was different from the rest; The One who pushed you to try different things; The One who was only around for the sex; The One who got you through the hard times; The One you thought was The One but really wasn’t.

There can’t possibly be one person out there for you who’ll make everything perfect, can there? The One who’ll fit all of your idiosyncrasies like a glove to your malformed hand? Idk, life’s too much of an unknown variable to know these things. They say when you meet The One, you’ll know - what if I’m too stupid to know?

No comments:

Post a Comment